3 ORIGINAL MODULATION ALGORITHMS:
The Chemist V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls:
- Cobalt (Chorus/Vibrato) – Recreate classic, lush, chorus tones. Turn the “Reaction” knob up (turning your dry signal down) for a mind-altering vibrato.
- Lithium (Octave) – Generate rich polyphonic organ textures using the “Formula” control as your low octave mix, the “Catalyst” as your high octave mix and the “Reaction” knob to adjust the mix between your wet and dry signal.
- Iridium (Phaser) – Manipulate speed (“Catalyst” knob) and resonance (“Formula” knob) to create swirling sonic elements.
- Reaction – Controls the mix of the effect
- Catalyst – Controls the speed of the phaser and chorus and the mix of the upper octave
- Formula – Controls the delay time of the chorus, the resonance of the phaser and the lower octave mix
Alt Switch (secondary foot switch) – What sets the Chemist V2 apart from other pedals is the Alt controls. The three knobs on the “Top” row of the pedal are duplicated on the “Bottom” row giving you two different settings/sounds which you can jump between. You can independently select the algorithms for each row using the slide switches on the side of the pedal. This creates a simple and straightforward way to get two dynamic sounds on the fly.
Alternate Jack Out – This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely using a TRS cable. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
Analog Dry Path Signal – Your instrument's dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled modulation sound.
Expression Jack – Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the “Formula” knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in.
TRS cable required.
BUILT IN USA QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail to make the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with the Chemist V2. From its rugged build, wide range of available sounds and alternate settings, The Chemist V2 delivers a sonic reaction like no other.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedal board placement effortless
- Side-mounted toggles for each row of controls lets you choose between 3 algorithms
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty