Electro-Harmonix Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi Fuzz Pedal
FREE shipping in the USA!
Did you know? The circa 1991 Sovtek “Civil War” Big Muff (dubbed that because of its blue and gray chassis) used the same circuit as the “Tall Font Green Russian” Big Muff and our EHX Green Russian Big Muff! The new Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff expands on that big, wooly sound with the addition of the Deluxe Big Muff’s advanced controls while paying homage to the Civil War Big Muff aesthetic.
It’s all here in one integrated pedal. The Sovtek signature sound. The devastating low end, crisp highs and non-scooped mids, plus the advanced control of the Deluxe Big Muff in a single, completely integrated pedal.
We’ve kept the familiar Sustain, Tone and Volume knobs, and we’ve added a ton of extras from the Deluxe Big Muff for those who crave its deep sound shaping abilities.
Here’s what the Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi provides:
1. MIDS EQ – Parametric MIDS EQ section with a selectable center frequency ranging from 310Hz to 5.0kHz, a level control with up to 10dB of boost or cut and a high/low Q switch that sets the resonance/bandwidth of the EQ
2. FOOTSWITCH for MIDS EQ – Dedicated on/off footswitch with status LED for the MIDS EQ circuit
3. GATE – Noise gate to remove unwanted hiss and hum
4. BLEND – Mix control for the dry and distorted signals. Enables bass players to retain their signal’s low end; also useful when layering in other distortion pedals
5. WICKER– With the switch up, high frequency bandwidth is opened up for a more pronounced attack. Switch down yields the traditional Green Russian sound.
6. EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT – Sweeps the frequency of the MIDS EQ to create wah wah and cocked wah effects
7. TRUE BYPASS – Maintains signal path integrity in bypass mode
8. INTERNAL INPUT BUFFER SWITCH – An internal slide switch to engage a buffer on the Big Muff’s input circuit that increases the high end content of both the distorted and clean signal being blended in
9. MIDS EQ TRIM POTS – Three internal trim pots for adjusting (a) High Q bandwidth, (b) High Q output volume and (c) overall MIDS EQ output volume.