SPIRIT: The bionic tone generator
Over the years, we’ve been exploring the origin of the tonal magic of tube amplifiers more and more deeply. And what became obvious is this: it’s about way more than just the tube. The true tonal magic emerges from all the ‘weird’ dynamic interactions between the single circuit sections and the amp stages, the transformers and the speakers.
Together, these highly complex and dynamic physical phenomena create that rich, organic and tactile sound experience guitar players are looking for.
The Spirit Tone Generator technology faithfully recreates the natural yet wildly complex interactions of traditional tube amp circuits on a digitally controlled but strictly analog working platform. This miniature masterwork houses the essence of the physics behind tube amplifiers, with all of the intensity – hereby creating the rich and responsive tonal behavior that gives you an unbridled joy of playing. Put simply, Spirit is made to inspire guitarists to perform at their best.
Innovative power amp sagging control
Much of the fascinating tone of the great clean, crunch and lead guitar sounds is down to a drop in power supply voltage when spiking transient signals hit the output stage hard. Now, for the first time in an analog amp, Black Spirit 200 lets you adjust the amount of power amp sag and dial in creaminess and growl regardless of the volume level.
Channels and fx
Black Spirit 200 Floor features four channels that take you on a trip through all the trademark tones of the last 60 years. And like four external stomp boosts, the channel-tailored boost will give you an even more assertive, creamier, or punchier tone! Four inspirational, strictly analog channels plus a complete range of built-in digital reverb, delay and modulation effects make it a perfect all-in-one solution, while a sophisticated FX Loop lets you connect external FX units. And it’s all accessible directly and with the trusted handling you expect from a real guitar amplifier.
Save your favorite tones with the push of a button
All parameters apart from the Master Volume can be stored in up to 128 presets and recalled any time you want! Black Spirit 200 Floor is the perfect solution on stage and for your sound library in the studio or at home. Recalling all your favorite Black Spirit 200 tones couldn’t be simpler.
Record amazing tones without mics
Hughes & Kettner’s award-winning Red Box has been the music industry’s go-to device for recording guitars without microphones for decades. Black Spirit 200 Floor features the most highly evolved Red Box ever: Red Box AE+. It’s the simplest, easiest and flat-out the best sounding way of sending your tone to a mixer, a PA or a recording device. But what truly sets Red Box AE+ apart is its versatility: choose from eight different cabinet types – from monstrous 4×12 stacks to compact 1×12 cabs, and anything in-between – to truly personalize your tone. This option is not just more convenient than miking up a cab… in most cases, it sounds a whole lot better too!
Your personal connection to Black Spirit 200 Floor is matched only in its totality by the amp’s connectivity to the musical world outside! Here’s how to get your Black Spirit 200 Floor heard:
- With the XLR Monitor In, you’re free to dial in the balance of monitor and amp sound as you see fit, and you don’t need to fuss with an outboard mixer to do so.
- The two programmable pre-loops let you use your favorite pedals selectively, dropping them into the signal path only when you activate certain presets. When deactivated, these loops are removed from the signal path altogether so they cannot color your amp’s tone.
- In Direct 7 mode, you can assign one preset to each of the seven buttons on the built-in MIDI Board to access seven presets directly, without having to change banks. You don’t even need to make specific new presets for Direct 7: simply assign your seven desired presets to the seven buttons.
Never lose a great tone again: app for iPad
With the free App for iPad and Android connected via Bluetooth, you can manage your Black Spirit 200 Floor presets and adjust your tone without having to bend down!
Create, edit, save and share all your favorite sounds via Bluetooth using the Black Spirit 200 Remote App, available for iOS and Android.
The App, which you can download for free at the Apple App Store and Google Play and runs on all iPads running iOS 10 or later, lets you:
- Store and backup all your favorite sounds
- Manage an unlimited number of presets in as many libraries as you need
- Visually monitor all of the amp’s parameters in real time
- Remotely control all of those parameters in real time
- Load/send presets via email
With the Black Spirit 200 Remote App, you’ll never lose a great tone again!