The Genzler Amplification Magellan 350 / BA10-2 Cabinet Combo amp. Free shipping in the USA!
The combo “kit” allows the mounting of the MG-350 amplifier to the BA10-2 cabinet using our “hidden” MG-350-CRADLE, which can be mounted to the top surface of the cabinet using provided mounting screws in each cabinet. This allows easy install or removal of the amp to the cabinet for even more flexibility with this powerful little combo. The MG-350 delivers 175 watts as the combo and with an additional BA10-2 extension cabinet puts out 350 watts into this remarkable “mini-stack”.
The BA10-2 cabinet design blends the punch and quickness of a single premium Neodymium 10” driver in a vented bass reflex enclosure, along with the performance and pattern control of a proprietary line array element utilizing 4 custom designed 2.5” neodymium drivers. The benefits of combining both design platforms in an extremely compact cabinet are exponential for the player requiring such a small, yet powerful enclosure. This model also offers a unique cabinet shape with an angled baffle --- tilting up towards the player --- and a single top/rear mounted edge-lift handle for an easy grab and go solution.
The MG350-BA10-COMBO delivers a full-bodied, defined, musically smooth and seamless response in this compact design and is ideal for electric or upright bass requirements. The performance and response is much larger than its minimal size and stage footprint.
An optional heavy-duty carry bag is also available for easy transport and protection.
The MG350-BA10-COMBO features Include:
- Clean Channel –
- Pristine and Articulate
- Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry
- Curve A -- Classic to Modern -- Mid Scoop Curve
- Curve B -- Thicker to Vintage -- Low-Mid Bump w/Tapered Top End
- Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control
- Signal Mute Switch
- Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling
- Full Featured XLR Direct Output Interface
- 2.67 Ohm Min. Total Load
- Neodymium 10” Woofer w/ 4 x 2.5” Neodymium Line Array Drivers
- Unique Angled Baffle Cabinet Design
- Top/Rear Mounted Edge-lift Handle
- Dual Speakon® and ¼” Combination Input Jacks
- Short Speakon® cable included with the MG-350-CRADLE
- Weight: 25 LBS
- Dimensions: 15.5”W x 15”D x 16”H
PREAMP – all solid state analog design with integrated soft clip circuitry.
- INPUT– 1Meg ohm input impedance
- CHANNEL OVERVIEW – Voiced to provide natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument. The circuitry consists of an FET feedback type variable gain circuit that provides wide range, continuously variable gain for use with a wide range of instrument pick-ups and preamps.
- CONTOUR -- continuously variable control of 2 vastly different response curves. In either CURVE position, when the SHAPE control is all the way off (CCW) the response curve is completely FLAT.
- Curve A (Blue) -- a variable pre-shaped curve that boosts lows and highs while simultaneously cutting mids. The slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve covers a wide range of sounds from flat to classic to modern depending on the position of the SHAPE control.
- Curve B (Amber) -- a variable pre-shaped curve with attenuated high mids and highs, a low mid bump, and a slight roll-off of the lowest bass frequencies. Again, the slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve is intended to provide sounds in the range of vintage amps and vintage cabinets that do not have tweeters.
- ACTIVE EQUALIZATION – The MAGELLAN® 350 contains an active 3 band equalizer with a sweepable parametric mid-range frequency control.
- Bass +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 75Hz
- Mid +/- 15dB boost/cut of the variable mid frequency selected
- Freq Variable mid frequency from 150Hz-3kHz
- Treble +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 6kHz
POWER AMP – The MAGELLAN® 350 uses a state of the art, class D power amplifier design and a high frequency auto-sensing universal switch-mode power supply (SMPS) to achieve unprecedented high performance and lightweight packaging. There are no Voltage Switches to change or jumpers to move. This SMPS senses the line voltage from 100-240 Volts and automatically configures itself.
- XLR Direct Output –
- Mic / Line Switch
- Pre / Post EQ Switch
- Ground Lift Switch
- Aux Input
- Head Phones
- Dual Speakon® Speaker Outputs
- Impedance Selector Switch for 8, 4 or 2.67 ohm operation
- Power Output: 175W/8 Ohms, 350W/4 Ohms and 350W/2.67 Ohms
- Minimum Speaker Load: 2.67 Ohms
- Operating Power condition: 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: 2.63”H X 9”W X 9.83”D (67mm H x 228.6mm W x 249.8mm D)
- Weight: 3.5 LBS ( 1.75 Kg)
- One -- premium Eminence® neodymium 10” cast frame loudspeaker.
- Four – proprietary neodymium 2.5” mid/high cone drivers with sealed basket design.
Input Panel/Crossover Network:
- Custom designed 6 dB/octave slopes in balance with the acoustical controls of each enclosure.
- Two – Combination Speakon® NL-2 and ¼” input jacks.
- Black textured vinyl.
- Black metal corners and heavy-duty edge-lift handle.
- Custom, curved perforated metal rille with a unique center “pleat” to protect the array column.
- Large rubber feet.