The Electro-Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine Mellotron emulator pedal. FREE shipping anywhere in the USA!
The polyphonic MEL9 uses the same extraordinary technology as the B9, C9 and KEY9 to transform your axe and resurrect the sound of vintage tape-based keyboards.
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron® sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down do the open A string as well as keyboard
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
DRY VOL KNOB
The DRY VOL knob controls the volume of the untreated instrument level on the EFFECT OUTPUT jack.
EFFECT VOL KNOB
The EFFECT VOL knob controls the overall volume of the selected preset at the EFFECT OUTPUT jack.
Use the ATTACK knob to set the volume swell speed, or the speed at which the effect begins to be heard. Turn the ATTACK knob down (fully counterclockwise) for a fast attack with minimum swell. Turn the knob up to increase the amount of swell and to have the notes fade in more gradually.
NOTE: When using the BRASS preset, the ATTACK knob adjusts the speed of a filter sweep. This adjustment controls how quickly the BRASS sound gets bright.
The SUSTAIN knob controls the amount of time a sound continues to play after you stop playing. When the SUSTAIN knob is turned down (fully counter-clockwise), the fadeout time is at its minimum setting. Turn the knob up to increase the fadeout time.
NOTE: When using the BRASS preset, the SUSTAIN knob adjusts the amount of “lip buzz”―characteristic of brass instruments such as trumpet―heard at the onset of new notes. “Lip buzz” is a subtle addition to the BRASS preset, and at times you may have difficulty hearing the impact on the sound produced by adjusting the SUSTAIN knob.
Turn the white numbered knob to select a preset sound.
DRY OUTPUT JACK
The DRY OUTPUT jack outputs the signal present at the INPUT jack through a buffer circuit. In either EFFECT or BYPASS mode, the dry signal is always present at the DRY OUTPUT jack.
EFFECT OUTPUT JACK
The EFFECT OUTPUT jack sends the mix set by the DRY and EFFECT volume controls.
Press the BYPASS footswitch to toggle the MEL9 OUTPUT jack between buffered BYPASS and EFFECT mode. The status LED lights when you are in EFFECT mode.
1. ORCHESTRA – This sound represents a full orchestra—including an octave below the normal guitar—and produces a gigantic, full sound.
2. CELLO – This sound of a solo cello includes the cello’s natural vibrato.
3. STRINGS – Presenting the sound of a small four-piece string section, including natural vibrato.
4. FLUTES – This preset presents the classic solo flute sound heard on many recordings.
5. CLARINET – This sound of a solo clarinet sounds great both as a solo (played monophonically) instrument and when playing chords.
6. SAXOPHONE – This funky vintage British solo saxophone sound is perfect for playing Beatles-like rock lines. It blends great with an overdriven guitar.
7. BRASS – This preset is a trumpet-like sound, and when playing chords it produces a great brass section sound. As noted earlier, the ATTACK and SUSTAIN knobs work differently for this preset than for other presets. The ATTACK knob controls a filter sweep for brass synthesizer sounds and the SUSTAIN knob adds the “lip buzz” characteristic of trumpet/brass sounds.
8. LOW CHOIR – This sound is a full low-voiced choir made up of many voices.
9. HIGH CHOIR – This sound is a higher-voiced choir made up of many voices.
NOTES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Buffered bypass
• Input impedance: 1M Ohm
• Output impedance (for both output jacks): 500 Ohm
• Current draw: 100mA