The Electro-Harmonix Key 9 Electric Piano Machine pedal. FREE shipping anywhere in the USA!
Completing the powerful trilogy forged by the B9 and C9 Organ Machines, the new KEY9 emulates the world’s most coveted electric pianos and more. With 9 presets, you can transform your axe and lay down a cool “Riders on the Storm” style groove or some hot funk ala “What’d I Say!”
Each preset lets you control the fundamental parameters that help define that instrument’s sound. Many include adjustable modulation like tremolo, phaser and chorus.
Take it from Mike Matthews who says: “You’ll dig the way the KEY9 turns you into a Rhodes Scholar!”
DRY VOLUME KNOB
Controls the volume of the untreated instrument level at the KEYS OUTPUT jack.
KEYS VOLUME KNOB
Controls the overall volume of the selected KEYS preset.
CTRL 1 & CTRL 2 KNOBS
See the preset descriptions on the next page for details.
Press the BYPASS Footswitch to toggle the KEY9 between buffered Bypass and Effect mode. The status LED lights when in Effect mode.
DRY OUTPUT JACK
DRY outputs the signal present at the INPUT jack through a buffer circuit. The dry signal is outputted regardless if the KEY9 is in Effect or Bypass mode.
KEYS OUTPUT JACK
KEYS outputs the mix set by the DRY and KEYS controls.
1. DYNAMO - An evocation of the “Dyno My” modified Fender Rhodes electric pianos of the 1970s and 1980s. Ctrl 1 adds bass to the lower strings of your guitar. Ctrl 2 adjusts the “tine” or high-end overtones.
2. WURLI - The classic sound of the Wurlitzer electric piano. Ctrl 1 adjusts tremolo depth. Ctrl 2 sets tremolo speed.
3. SUITCASE - This preset pays tribute to the sound of a Fender Rhodes electric piano routed through a phase shifter. Ctrl 1 adds a bass octave and adjusts the “tine” or high-end overtones. Ctrl 2 sets the phase shifter speed.
4. MALLETS - Here we have the sound of a wood marimba. Ctrl 1 adjusts chorus depth. Ctrl 2 sets chorus speed.
5. EIGHTY EIGHT - This preset emulates a Fender Rhodes 88 electric piano with built-in tremolo. Ctrl 1 adjusts tremolo depth. Ctrl 2 sets tremolo speed.
6. TRI-GLORIOUS - The sound of a Dytronics/Dyno My CS-5 Tri Stereo Chorus. Ctrl 1 adjusts chorus depth. Ctrl 2 sets chorus speed.
7. VIBES - The sound of a metal vibraphone with motorized tremolo. Ctrl 1 adjusts the high pitch attack. Ctrl 2 sets tremolo speed.
8. ORGAN - This preset offers a highly touch-responsive percussive organ. Ctrl 1 adjusts the high frequencies (treble). Ctrl 2 sets the rotating speaker speed.
9. STEEL DRUMS - This preset conveys the metallic sound of a steel drum. Ctrl 1 adjusts chorus depth. Ctrl 2 sets chorus speed.
Please see the enclosed setting sheet for suggestions on how to set the knobs for each preset. A blank user settings page is also included. Photocopy the blank user setting page to keep a record of your preferred sounds. Or, download a PDF of blank settings at http://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/key9-presets-outlines.pdf.
NOTES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Buffered bypass
• Input impedance: 1MOhm
• Output impedance (for both output jacks): 500Ohm
• Current draw: 100mA