The Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi fuzz. FREE shipping anywhere in the USA!
The new Deluxe Bass Big Muff is the latest in the line of EHX bass specific effects. It delivers enhancements to the classic Bass Big Muff Pi that are specifically tailored to the needs of the modern bass player and gives you more tone shaping options than ever before.
- Pad on the input that’s switchable between 0dB and -10dB ensures the pedal is optimized for use with both passive and active pickups
- Blend allows a player to mix to taste the direct and distorted signals
- Three outputs: a 1/4″ effect out, 1/4″ direct (buffered dry) out and XLR DI out give complete control of your output signal and sound
- Foot-switchable crossover section with a variable low pass filter on the dry signal and a variable high pass filter on the distorted signal give bassists the ability to sculpt their sound
- Crossover circuit, in conjunction with the Blend control, lets you keep the low-end clear and focused and the high-end bright and cutting
- Built-in noise gate with an adjust threshold eliminates unwanted noise at any level
- Tough and compact die-cast chassis
- 9-Volt battery included
- Optional 9.6DC-2000BI power supply available
Download owners manual here
VOLUME – Works as a master volume for the entire pedal and is capable of boosting the input signal by 14dB above unity gain.
BLEND – This mixes between the dry and distorted signals. Turn this knob fully counterclockwise for 100% dry signal and fully clockwise for 100% wet signal. Setting the BLEND knob to noon yields a 50/50 mix of dry/distorted signal.
TONE – Provides a range of sounds from high treble to deep bass on the distorted effect only. The overall tone filter frequencies were carefully chosen to enhance your bass guitar. As you turn the TONE knob clockwise the treble response of the Big Muff distortion increases.
SUSTAIN – As in the original Big Muff Pi, adjusts the amount of sustain and distortion.
GATE – Controls the input amplitude needed to open the noise gate. As you turn the GATE knob clockwise, the amount of gating increases, requiring a louder signal to open the gate and allow your instrument to pass through. Turning the GATE knob down all the way disables the
noise gate function.
HPF – When CROSSOVER is engaged, the signal just prior to entering the distortion circuit is sent through a second-order high pass filter. The HPF knob adjusts the cutoff frequency range of the high pass filter from 125Hz to 1.75kHz, with the frequency increasing as the knob is
LPF – When CROSSOVER is engaged the dry signal is sent through a second-order low pass filter. The LPF knob adjusts the cutoff frequency range of the low pass filter from 60Hz to 10kHz, with the frequency increasing as the knob is turned clockwise.
INPUT – This toggle switch engages 10dB of attenuation on the input to make the Deluxe Bass Big Muff friendlier to basses with active pickups.
BYPASS FOOTSWITCH – Toggles between effect mode and a high quality buffered bypass. When the red status LED is lit, the effect is active. When the LED is off, the Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi is in bypass mode.
CROSSOVER FOOTSWITCH – Turns the crossover circuit on and off. When the green status LED is lit, the crossover circuit is active and the HPF and LPF knobs can be used to produce a multitude of different tones.
I/O AND POWER CONNECTIONS
INPUT – Musical instrument input. Plug your instrument into here. The input impedance presented at this jack is approximately 2M?.
OUTPUT – This is the main output of the Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi. Connect it to the input of your amp or another effects pedal.
DIRECT OUT – This is a buffered output of the original bass signal. You can connect this jack to an amplifier or different effects chain.
DI OUTPUT – Low impedance output capable of driving 600? so that you can plug directly into a mixing console and recording equipment. This output’s signal is the same as that of the OUTPUT jack.