The EBS MicroBass 3 Professional Bass Preamp pedal. FREE shipping in the USA!
The EBS MicroBass 3 is a 2-channel preamp, built exclusively with premium components. It is engineered by EBS in Sweden with technologies from the famous HD360 and Fafner II amplifier designs. The preamp operates at a signal level equal to a professional mixing console (+/- 15V) which gives you plenty of headroom. The high signal level makes it suitable to use as a preamp in combination with any type of power amp.
Run the Clean and Drive channels in series or parallel. Use the dual balanced XLR-outputs to tap the signal post and pre EQ at the same time. If you run the Effects loop in stereo mode, the balanced outputs become a Left and Right output instead. With 10 Mohms input impedance, it handles any type of bass – passive, active or with piezo pickups.
The built-in tuner makes it easy to tune between songs without the need of an external device. The MicroBass 3 also carries an onboard compressor, similar to the one found on several EBS amplifiers, and several more features.
The analog EBS MicroBass 3 ensures your sound – every time.
- 100% analog professional preamp.
- Dual channels – Clean and Drive.
- Run in parallel or series.
- Blend control for the drive.
- Dual Balanced XLR-out (pre & post EQ or Stereo).
- Effects loop (mono or stereo).
- Character and Bright filters (clean channel).
- HI or LO gain drive engines.
- Thin or Deep type (drive channel).
- Tuner, Aux-input, Headphones out.
- 10 Mohms input impedance (main input).
- 9V DC, 450 mA required (power supply not included).
- Input Impedance
- Parallel mode 1.5 Mohms // 44 pF
- Serial mode 10 Mohms // 22 pF
- Gain Range min/max -oo/ +30 dB
- Gain Peak LED +10 dBv
- Frequency Response +0 / -3 dB 20 - 20.000 Hz
- Filter Type Shelving High/Low Pass
- Gain: Lo +6 dB @ 80 Hz
Mid -2 dB @ 900 Hz
Hi +3 dB @ 7.5 kHz
- Filter Type Shelving. Gain: +10 dB @ 10 kHz
- FILTER SECTION:
- Bass Filter: Type 12 dB/oct. Shelving. Gain Range +/- 18 dB @ 60 Hz
- Middle Filter: Type Bandpass Filter. Freq Range 50 - 5.000 Hz. Q - Boost 0.5 - 1.3, Q - Cut 0.5 - >5. Gain Range +/- 12-15 dB
- Treble Filter: Type Shelving. Gain Range +/- 18 dB @ 8 kHz
- COMP/LIMIT: Comp Gain 0 dB
- Attenuation max 24 dB
- Compression Ratio max 3:1
- Attack (80%) typ <10 ms
- Release (80%) typ 100 ms
- INPUT: Input Impedance 1.8 Mohms // 22 pF
- DRIVE: Gain Range 40 dB
- Lo: Type 2nd harmonics soft
- Hi: Type Symmetrical 2-stage with +18 dB gain
- TYPE: Thin/Normal/Deep Pre Drive EQ
- FILTER SECTION:
- Tone Filter: Type 6 dB/oct. Low Pass. Frequency Range 700 - 20k Hz
- Middle Filter: Type Bandpass Filter. Frequency Range 100 - 4.500 Hz. Q 1.2, Gain Range +/- 15 dB
- Loop Signal Level nominal -10 dBv
- Gain Unity (1:1)
- Output Impedance <100 ohms
- Input Impedance >200 kohms // 22 pF
- Recommended Impedance 32 - 200 ohms
- Input Impedance 20 kohms
- Nominal Level -10 dBv
- Output Impedance <1 kohms
- Signal Level nominal 0 dBv
- Output Level nominal -20dBv
- XLR Connections 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold
- Options Pre/Post EQ, L/R Ch. in stereo mode
- Power Requirements Idle 450mA @9V. Max 750mA @9V (with headphones at max output level)
Dimensions (WxDxH): max 168 x 124 x 53 mm / 6.6” x 4.9” x 2.1”
Weight: 660 g ( 1.5 lbs.)