The One Control BJF-S66 Guitar Amp Head. FREE shipping in the USA!
Over the past few decades, Björn Juhl has crafted and designed amplifiers for famous players and studio performers all over the world. However, the price points of his hand-made amplifiers have put them out of reach for the majority of guitarists. The BJF-S66 makes Bjorn's designs and vision attainable for players on any budget.
For the BJF-S66, Juhl identified the legendary American black-face amps built in the mid-1960's as the basis for his tonal palette. These amps have long been celebrated as great "plug & play" amplifiers, as well as fantastic pedal platforms for guitarists who enjoy having a lot of tonal variety at their feet.
BJF-S66 uses an extremely efficient Class D power amp design, and the preamp is a discrete, solid-state all analog signal path for pure tone.
The ultra compact BJF-S66 features 2 channels - rhythm and lead, with adjustable lead boost - plus 3-band EQ controls, a bright switch, channel-specific reverb level and decay controls, and tremolo controls.
On the rear panel, you'll find an Effects Loop Send/Return, Preamp Out, Speaker Out and footswitch inputs. Channel select, FX loop (on/off), and tremolo (on/off) are all optionally controllable via footswitch, either separately or using the custom FS-P3 3-way footswitch (sold separately).
The BJF-S66 can drive speakers from 4 ohms to 16 ohms. Power output: 100W @ 4 Ohms / 66W @ 8 ohm / 30W @ 16ohm.
With modern design and build techniques, the BJF-S66 captures the essence of that famed mid-60's sound, while being small and light enough to fit into a gig bag and robust enough to handle the rigors of the road.
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output: 30W / 16Ω | 66W / 8Ω | 100W / 4Ω
- Rhythm channel: GAIN, MASTER, REVERB LEVEL, REVERB DECAY
- Lead channel: GAIN, LEAD DRIVE, MASTER, REVERB LEVEL, REVERB DECAY
- 3 band EQ (shared)
- BASS: 70Hz + -20dB
- MID: 450Hz +-10dB
- TREBLE: 2KHz + -20 dB
- BRIGHT switch: +10 dB at 4 KHz
- Tremolo (shared): DEPTH & SPEED
- Footswitch: FX Loop (ON/OFF), Channel Select, and Tremolo (ON/OFF) can all be controlled via footswitch, using either the One Control FS-P3 (sold separately) or one or more standard, single-latching footswitches
- Size: 26.5 (W) × 9.5 (D) × 10.3 (H) cm (not including knobs)
- Weight: 1.62 kg