The Maxon GE601 Graphic Equalizer Reissue. FREE shipping in the USA!
This is a B Stock item. Functionally and cosmetically new with the full Maxon warranty. No box or manual included. Please click here for more details.
The GE601 Graphic Equalizer covers six carefully selected frequency bands (100 Hz, 200 Hz, 400 Hz, 800 Hz, 1.6 KHz, and 3.2 KHz) over a five octave range with 12 dB of cut/boost per band. The GE601 also offers a master output Level control with 12 dB of cut/boost. With careful use of these controls, the GE601 can be used to fine tune your sound in a variety of extremely useful ways, a few of which are detailed below.
Pickup Simulator (humbucker to single coil) By cutting 200 Hz, 400 Hz, and 800 Hz and then boosting 100 Hz and 1.6 KHz, the GE601 allows a humbucker to simulate the sharp sound of a single coil.
Pickup Simulator (passive Bass to active Bass) By cutting 200 Hz and slightly boosting 100 Hz and 1.6 KHz, the GE601 can give a passive Bass the clarity and punch of an active instrument.
Pickup Simulator (single coil to piezo) By cutting 200 Hz, 400 Hz, and 800 Hz and boosting 100 Hz, 1.6 KHz and 3.2 KHz, the GE601 allows a single coil electric to simulate the bright, chiming sound of an acoustic guitar with piezo pickup.
Half-cocked Wah (audio demo) By creating a signal peak at 800 Hz, the GE601 can emulate the tone of a wah pedal with the treadle set half-way forward. This setting is also ideal for solo boosts.
Clean Booster - By leaving all frequency bands flat and boosting the Level control to taste, the GE601 can function as a clean booster for solos or to overdrive an amplifier's input.
With a little experimentation, the Maxon GE601 can become an essential tool to maximize the tonal options of your guitar rig.
- Input Impedance 500K Ohms
- Input Jack 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance 10K Ohms
- Output Jack 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output 1
- Controls Cut/Boost (6), Level (1)
- Switch Normal/Effect
- Max Input 4 dBu
- Noise (IHF-A) -110 dBu
- Max Amplitude 12 dB
- Frequency Range 100 Hz 3.2 KHz
- Power Supply 9V Manganese dry cell battery (S-006P) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption 11 mA (9V) / 12 mA (10 V)
- AC Adaptor AC210N (option) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA Center - / Sleeve +)
- Dimensions (main body) 61 mm (W) x 112 mm (D) x 35 mm (H)
- Dimensions (whole) 70 mm (W) x 112 mm (D) x 55 mm (H)
- Weight 240 g
- Accessories 9V Manganese dry cell battery (S-006P) x 1
- Non-skid pad x 1
- Warranty Card x 1
- User's Manual x 1