The Electro-Harmonix Next Step Pan / Blend / Stereo Volume pedal. FREE shipping in the USA!
The EHX Pan Pedal is part of our innovative Next Step Effects series. It does not use a potentiometer, optics or magnetism to sweep the pan controls. It provides precise, responsive control over the stereo imaging of your musical instrument(s). Use it to pan one input to two outputs, blend two inputs to one output or as a mono or stereo volume pedal.
- No moving parts
- Pan / Blend / Mono/Stereo Volume Pedal
- Accurate and highly responsive
- Instantaneous bypass switching that is completely silent
- Ultra rugged. No footswitches, gears or racks to break
- Battery included, 9Volt power supply optional
- Click here to download the owners manual
Plug your instrument into the LEFT IN jack; connect LEFT OUT to one amp and RIGHT OUT to another amp. Within seconds the EHX logo in the center of the pedal will light. Your PAN pedal is ready for use! As long as a plug is inserted into the LEFT IN jack, a drain is placed on the 9V battery inside the PAN pedal. We recommend you unplug the LEFT IN jack when the PAN pedal is not in use to extend battery life.
ROUTING MODES – HOW TO CONNECT TO YOUR PAN PEDAL
The PAN pedal can be used in one of four routing modes. The routing mode changes depending on which input and output jacks have plugs inserted.
1) MONO VOLUME PEDAL (mono in/mono out): Plug into LEFT IN and LEFT OUT jacks only. The PAN pedal acts like a straight-forward volume pedal in this mode. As the pedal moves from the heel to toe position, the volume at the LEFT OUT jack increases. Bypass Mode: LEFT IN connects to LEFT OUT.
2) BLEND PEDAL (stereo in/mono out): Plug into the LEFT and RIGHT IN jacks and the LEFT OUT jack only. In Blend mode, the PAN pedal acts like a wet/dry control, mixing the two inputs together to one mono output. As you move the pedal from the heel to toe position, the volume of the LEFT IN signal increases while the volume of the RIGHT IN signal decreases. The RIGHT IN signal is loudest in the heel position while the LEFT IN signal is loudest in the toe position. In the middle of the pedal’s sweep range, each input will be at equal volume at the LEFT OUT jack. Bypass Mode: LEFT IN connects to LEFT OUT. RIGHT IN is muted.
3) PAN PEDAL (mono in/stereo out): Plug into the LEFT IN jack and both the LEFT and RIGHT OUT jacks. In Pan mode, the LEFT input signal will sweep between the LEFT and RIGHT OUT jacks. In the heel position, the LEFT IN will come out the RIGHT OUT jack only. In the toe position, the LEFT IN comes out the LEFT OUT jack only. When in the middle of the pedal’s sweep range, each output will be at equal volume. Bypass Mode: LEFT IN connects to both LEFT OUT and RIGHT OUT at an equal volume.
4) STEREO VOLUME PEDAL (stereo in/stereo out): Plug into all four audio jacks. The LEFT IN will come out the LEFT OUT only. The RIGHT IN will come out the RIGHT OUT only. As the pedal moves from the heel to toe position, the volume of both outputs increases. Bypass Mode: LEFT IN connects to LEFT OUT. RIGHT IN connects to RIGHT OUT.
NOTES AND SPECIFICATIONS
• PAN pedal has buffered bypass.
• The input impedance presented at each IN Jack is 2M.
• The output impedance at each OUTPUT Jack is 1k.
• The current draw of the PAN PEDAL is 24 mA.